Monday, May 19, 2008

transformers

On Saturday we had Liam's "friend birthday party". Originally he had wanted a Ratatouille party. I was excited for that and had some fun ideas. I was going to sew aprons for the kids and we would make toques (thanks for that idea Anne!) and then we were going to cook. Somewhere along the way, Liam then decided he would rather have a Transformer party. I am so bugged by adults movies that are marketed to kids (i.e.- transformers, pirates of the carribean, iron man, spiderman, etc.) but Liam is a marketers dream and so I gave him what he wanted.


When the seven boys arrived they were given transformer masks which were total duds. They were much too large for the boys' heads. Thanks Walmart. Then we split into two teams (the Decepticons and the Autobots) to play freeze tag. That was hilarious because none of the boys understood the game. We ended up playing tag instead.


Next we watched a Transformers episode from the original tv series. None of the boys had seen it before and they had no idea what was going on.

"Where is Optimus Prime?"
"Who are the good guys?"
"WHO IS WINNING?"


But they LOVED it anyway!


Then came the requisite Optimus Prime cake.



Liam's friends were very generous and he has thoroughly enjoyed playing with all his new toys.

6 comments:

Stephanie Collins said...

happy birthday, Liam! looks like you had a great day!!

Pender said...

I love the mohawk!

#A5 said...

so, i'm assuming you made that cake, since you are cake maker extraordinaire, and i LOVE it!! it is perfect, which totally impresses and baffles me because i might be the worst cake decorator on the planet. . .

and happy birthday to liam!! (seriously- FIVE?!!)

Molly said...

Funny. "Thanks Walmart." I hate Walmart but dang them for being the best prices around.

Erin said...

thanks for the lovely compliment Katie! I did bake the cake but Michael deserves the credit for decorating. He sketched the design into the frosting and then outlined it with the black. I just filled it in. Easy!

granma and papa said...

the mohawk AGAIN?!?!?

Great Cake, mom

love you