Sunday, November 18, 2007

too much tv?

Liam was happily watching Saturday morning cartoons and Sutton was finally asleep in her crib. I decided to sneak away and take a shower for the first time in three days (hey, I have been sick!)

As I was drying off and getting dressed Liam barges into my room and starts touting the benefits of the swivel sweeper.

- it goes backwards and forwards and sideways!
- it is so small, it can go anywhere!
- you never have to change bags!
- it never runs out of batteries!
- it won't scare your pets!
- it is so quiet you can use it while your babies are sleeping and it won't wake them up!

"Mom, we really need to get one!"

I am a infomercial sucker ('set it and forget it!' love that one). If I get sucked into one I am convinced that I need that item by the end of the hour. Luckily, I never actually order anything (except for my favorite make-up, BareMinerals, which they sell at places like Sephora and Ulta so I just pretend that I didn't initially buy it off an infomercial) or I would have a house full of crap.

But for Liam to get sucked into an infomercial at 4.5 years old? I am going to have to hide my credit cards!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you definitely NEED to get one too! i must say that infomercials are very addictive, but i don't ever order anything either. and most of the stuff is being sold in stores lately anyway.

Anonymous said...

i'm a sucker for those commercials. science! celebrities! a live audience! it's all so strangely luring. . .

and my love for liam continues to grow.

S'mee said...

i'm leaning towards that steaming triangular microfiber mop.