Friday, November 23, 2007

thanksgiving

My sister Alison and her husband Tyler flew in Tuesday night and my parents flew in Wednesday morning.

We hosted a total of 17 people for Thanksgiving Dinner. Wednesday and Thursday we spent in the kitchen preparing for the grand feast. My parents and I made the turkey, stuffing, rolls, green beans, brussels sprouts, yams, and pumpkin pies. We also made all the traditional Marriotti appetizers: clam dip, shrimp dip, shrimp cocktail. Apparently, when I was young I ate an entire bowl of clam dip by myself. I was too young to remember any of this and yet my family has never let me live it down! We discovered this holiday that Sutton is also a huge lover of the clam dip. And so the tradition continues...



The guests started arriving around 3 pm and we ate around 4 pm. We had a huge spread of food and everything was delicious. After dinner we took a nice walk through the neighborhood. We sat in the backyard and chatted for a while. Later we had pies with fresh whipped cream. The day was a huge success. I would definitely host Thanksgiving again.

back- left to right: Andy, Tyler, Alison, Erin, Perry (Jen's Dad), Laura
front- left to right: My Mom, Elaine, my Dad, Richard, Michael, Bryant
floor- Jen, Jon


Last week at school, Liam made and Indian costume and a Pilgrim costume. I was impressed by how much information he retained about the Pilgrims.

12 comments:

jen said...

What a smart boy! So cute! It's amazing how their minds are like little sponges.
Also, once again, Thanksgiving was awesome. I would have been totally and completely overwhelmed and stressed out. You seemed relaxed and happy and the perfect hostess! Dinner was the best I think I've ever had...

Anonymous said...

your table looked delightful...and so did the turkey! how fun to have your family in NC for the holiday!

Unknown said...

I never got to make an Indian Rattle! Not Fair! haha! Thanks again erin for a pleasant Thanksgiving.

Oh and I gotta say, I really like the Gaelic Rock band's song about Liam. You should check it out. It shows up after Young liam's video!

Unknown said...

Oops! Didn't realize I was logged into my bands E-mail! It was just me...Andy!

LOVE!

alysha said...

that turkey is beautiful!
How fun to have almost your entire family there.

alysha said...

your table is gorgeous too!
I can't wait to be able to do one...

Shelley said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! Your food looks delicious, your table looks gorgeous! Great job!

Erin said...

thanks for the compliments!
it was fun to set up and decorate the table and it is especially nice to have space to have a real sit down dinner- complete with a kids table!

Stephanie Collins said...

That is great that you had so much family gather together. Your house and Thanksgiving look great! Is your dad going to be in "Savior of the World" here with the Anthem Stake? Hope you are doing well!

Hamilton's said...

Hi Erin-

It's Tina Hamilton, you have a beautiful family! I got your blog from Liz, it's nice to see the things going on in your life. I have a blog check it out.

Erin said...

steph-thanks about my dad- i don't know, he didn't mention it. i will ask him.

tina- how wonderful to hear from you! i hope you and your family are well. i will check out your blog.

jessie said...

Erin...looks like you did a fantastic job on your Thanksgiving dinner! The table was beautiful! Funny Storytime: At first glance when I saw the picture of the table all set I thought the place cards were sticks of butter. I was thinking - wow...they each get their own butter...she really went all out! :-)
I hope you're feeling a TON better!
-jess