Wednesday, November 14, 2007

valtrex anyone?

i stopped taking the valtrex and i am normal again. well, me with a cold and shingles normal. i am trying some herbal suppliments and some home remedies. wish me luck.

oh, and, i only took 3 of 30 pills. is it inapproprite (illegal?) to sell the remainders on craigslist?

9 comments:

alysha said...

glad to hear, er read.
sell em'!

Stephanie Collins said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! I think it is illegal to sell your drugs...be careful!

jen said...

it's def. illegal to sell a personal Rx. Well, if you get caught. But I wouldn't risk it.

liz said...

shingles = :(

stay well


your writing about it was clever below you crack me up when you are mad

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin!
I can't believe you're dealing with all of this! Though I must admit that I giggled a little at your pharmacy story...;) I'm glad to hear you're off the Valtrex! And I'm a definite supporter of 'natural' remedies so I hope you've found some that will work! Here's a site I refer to...I'm sure it's probably the same info or close to what Michael already found, but just in case! http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/48/178.cfm
It seems there are quite a few options for relief! Please let me know if there's anything I can do!

Shelley said...

Um, that really sucks! You poor thing! Maybe this is just wrong of me, but you're tagged! Ha ha. But, it took me over a month to get around to doing it, so no pressure. I'm just trying to fulfill my "tag six people" responsibilities. See my blog for the rules.

I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. Keep posting about your progress.

Anonymous said...

okay so freaky weird that you even got shingles and even freakier weird that you were prescribed Valtrex! i must say though, as others already have, i did let out a giggle or two when i read the whole pharmacy story...still makes me smile when i think about it actually. i can totally picture how it all went down. but i am so sorry that you've had to deal with all of that while still trying to be a mother of 2. i hope you are all healthy and back to normal very soon!

Erin said...

thanks for the advice and the well wishes everybody.

I kinda figured that it is illegal to sell Rx drugs. It just pains me to literally flush $60 down the toilet.

liz- thanks for laughing at my pain. j/k. i am glad that i made you laugh. it makes all this easier to deal with if I can laugh about it.

jess- thanks for the link!

shelley- thanks for the tagging. (my first!) it will probably take me a month to come up with 6 unique things about myself. I learned a lot about you that i didn't know from reading your tagging responses!

Anonymous said...

i know this is late in coming, but nursing mothers are the second highest risk group for shingles, according to my doctor, and most common in women who have two children under four years old. nursing takes a huge toll on your body, and the stress of caring for small children, the attendant lack of sleep and poor nutrition of most mothers of small children increases the possibility that the chicken pox virus will come back to life and express itself as shingles. You may already know all this, but I didn't when I got shingles when my second child was 5 months old and my first had just turned three. My doctor said shingles is a wake up call. A lot of mothers have no idea of the tremendous stress their bodies are undergoing. You don't stop nursing, but you force yourself to get better sleep, better nutrition, a little more alone time.