BEFORE:
THE FIRST CUT:
AFTER:
We recorded the actual cutting but don't worry I won't post it. It is pretty boring and... I cried. Yes, I really did cry while cutting her hair. I know, I am ridiculous.
We saved the cut off hair. I love that curl!
Is it normal to save hair? If it's not, I blame my parents for this weird tradition. This is Sutton's pony tail and my braid from when I was a young girl.
Sutton's hair was not long enough do donate but I love that idea. So we donated it to Michael! Isn't he HOT? Kind of a Donald Trump hair style.
Sutton loves her hair cut and I really do to. I have been wanting to cut it for a long time. I just wasn't ready to part with it. I think she really looks like a three year old now. I was sure that I would miss the long hair and regret cutting it. But I don't! She looks so cute and it totally fits her sassy personality. I really love it.

15 comments:
Wow! How cute she is!! Sure miss you all so much!
Don't let Michael wear the hair outside - just a little on the creepy side.
Love you, Dad
You are just lucky that we (your parents) are from the "now" generation! Years ago people not only saved hair but made it in jewelry! I could STILL make you a lovely broach.
I love Sutton's haircut and her smile says that she loves it as well. What a beautiful girl and yes...sassy hair for a sassy girl. I wouldn't want her any other way!
Miss you more than I can say.
love you,
Mom
Stunning, that hair is absolutely gorgeous! Oh, and Sutton's is cute too. LOL I totally love her haircut she looks beautiful. Love you guys.
i love her hair, short or long! she is such a gorgeous little girl.
she looks more grown up now - it's a cute haircut and I'm sure will cause less trouble on sunday mornings for you! :)
So cute. I love her new do! She's beautiful!
Gorgeous! I love short cuts on little girls. It has saved us so many fights and tears. Please tell Sutton that Aunt Jess says she is "Beautious!"
Renie is almost 4 and I haven't cut her hair yet. I've been threatening it for a while- she is absolutely ridiculous about having it brushed- but I haven't quite gotten around to doing it. Her long windblown look fits her, I think. Sutton looks very cute. Maybe I can bring myself to cut Renie's.
LOVE it! and you said you were just going to cut it past her shoulders, but the little bob is adorable!
The haircut is adorable! She looks older. I love it.
10 comments and no one has mentioned the 25-year-old calcified braid?!?!? CREEPY, Erin....but I still love you :) And, of course, just as I thought that little girl couldn't get any more darling - here she is all cute and sporty!
sara- i totally agree! i was surprised no one was grossed out by the hair. they must all be so dazzled by sutton's cuteness. or maybe they're just trying to spare my feelings...
she looks darling!
I totally still have my ponytail from when I was four!
Sutton's hair looks so cute! She does look older - is she really already almost three years old?! I remember coming to see you in the hospital after you had her like it was yesterday!
I don't think saving hair is creepy... I saved a curl from each of the boys' first haircuts.. And I totally cried when we cut their hair for the first time. (I still get sad when it's time to give Eddie a haircut because I love his curls so much and I'm afraid one of these times they won't come back. :) I can't imagine what it will be like to cut Norah's hair for the first time... I do know I will definitely be shedding some tears and saving a lock or two, though! :)
BTW - Your garden looks great!
Post a Comment