Tuesday, April 14, 2009

easter dinner

We hosted the family for Eater dinner. It is always nice to have the family together and all the food was fabulous! Michael's youngest brother Andy who lives a few hours away was able to come and he brought his new girlfriend, Celeste (she's adorable). Whenever I host I am always so busy/distracted that I forget to take pictures. They're not great, but I managed to get a couple of shots.


jen, laura, kate and michael



yummy food waiting to be eaten.


this is how you have a sit down dinner for 17 in a small house.


eggs and mini carnations-- the cheapest centerpiece ever.



********



I did make matching ties for the boys and Michael that coordinated with Suttons dress. I don't usually do the matching thing. I went a little crazy this year. It's a good thing I didn't have anymore of the fabric I used for Sutton's dress or I might have made myself a skirt. That would have been really over the top!

4 comments:

jen said...

Dinner was delicious! And even though those were cheap centerpieces, I thought they were so springy and beautiful!

Stephanie said...

I beg to differ, the cheapest centerpiece ever is the broken easter lily they gave me at the grocery store for free. :) But yours is way lovely.

kt said...

Um, you MADE the ties and dress?? I was just really impressed you found stuff that matched so well...(now I'm more impressed...)

Unknown said...

I am such a fan of that centerpiece! So pretty! I am so using that idea next year! I also love the Easter egg garland on your mantle. Looks like you all had a very nice enjoyable time. You are such a great stylist. Everything so chic and simple. :) Have a great day!