Friday, March 20, 2009

one more item crossed off the list

We recently had our house painted. It needed it badly! Not only was the house a color we didn't really like Michael had replaced sections of the siding and the new boards didn't match the existing ones.

BEFORE:


AFTER:



I really love the yellow door. Love, love, love! Michael likes it okay (I think it is growing on him). To me the color looks cheerful and inviting. It makes me happy when ever I see it.

Next on the list? Landscaping!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Congrats, your house looks fabulous!! I think the Ficus is a nice touch and I also love the yellow door. Have you considered painting the metal on the storm door yellow? But not the trim on the house around the door, I think that needs to remain white. Just a thought, but I think it might be nice. Are the lights by the door also new? I really like them also!

Dad

The Kerr Family said...

I love it too! It is so happy. You can't help but smile. It's great!! Sorry for the exclamation points--but it's the doors fault.

merathon said...

i love the cheery yellow door too! that is the first thing i thought when i saw the first after picture. here's me, inside my head: "is that a yellow door? i love it!" then i saw the close-up of the door and loved it even more! nice pick-- and you can tell michael i said that!

we need some MAD landscaping over at our house too. unfortunately, neither one of us has mad landscaping skills and we can't afford the hefty pricetag to have it all done for us. . .

jessie said...

Your house is beautiful! Add me to the list of people who LOVE the yellow door! Definitely cheerful and inviting.

Stephanie Collins said...

I love it! Your house looks beautiful!

Stephanie said...

It looks awesome! Good work you guys.

jen said...

it looks even better in person - we drove by it this morning on our way to run some errands. It instantly updates the look of your house to match all the beautiful updates inside. I love the yellow door.

andrea. said...

your house is GORGEOUS!! i love, love, love the yellow door. and it looks perfect with the blue paint. great job!!

Laura said...

Wow! So much better than I had imagined in my head. It looks polished and perfect with the yellow door. (wasn't sure about the mustard yellow my imagination cooked up)

Jessica said...

You have inspired me. Can't wait to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

Mike & Erin-

Your home is sooooo cute- lovin' the yellow door. Someday we'll have to visit each others' houses...it's been too long. I'm 7 and 1/2 months preggers with baby girl-to-be! Hope all is well~
Camilla (Stonecliffe)

Shelley said...

Your house is gorgeous and romantic! I love what you do with it outside and in.

Sara Clifton said...

24. That's how many days until I walk right through that lovely yellow door ;)

mer said...

yeah! I love it and am so glad you were inspired.