Saturday, March 14, 2009

goings on

I am SO in love with this baby!


Cupcakes for the cake walk at the schools book fair. My sister Anne gave me this book for Christmas. This is the first thing I have made from it. Liam and Sutton LOVE the book. They have spent hours studying the pictures. Sutton even takes it in the car with us to look at while we run errands.


Sutton often falls asleep when we are picking Liam up from school. She is horribly crabby and whinny when she takes a late nap so I try to wake her up when we get home. I will usually carry her into the house and then set her down and tell her to walk to the couch to "rest". By the time she gets there she is too awake to fall back asleep. Last Thursday, I set her down and she collapsed to the floor and continued to sleep.


Ezra started solid foods about three weeks ago. Obviously, he's loving it.


Ezra's homemade sweet potato puree baby food. With the other kids I used regular ice cube trays to freeze the food I made but I saw shaped ice cube trays at Ikea and I couldn't resist!





Michael pulled his old saxophone out of the attic this morning. He was remarkably good considering it has been 15 years since he last played. He wouldn't let me take any videos or pictures of him. He showed Liam how to play. He really enjoyed himself!

If you are brave enough to watch the video please make sure that your speakers aren't set on high and know that we are not liable for any hearing loss!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I am definitely going to copy your cupcakes! Those bugs look so yummy! As for Sutton, she is a beauty, but so are your floors? Whenever I catch my kids in a cute position like this I can never post it because my home is embarassingly dirty. Bravo for clean floors!

Ezra is such a handsome little guy! I can't believe he's eating baby food already.

I can already see Liam marching in a parade. YOU ROCK LIAM!

Jennie said...

Very cool cupcakes!!!

jen said...

Aww, I miss your kids. Glad I get to see them this afternoon. Ezra eating solid foods?! How is he that old already?
Good job on the sax Liam!

Unknown said...

Awesome cupcakes. Love love love them! I am so doing these for a day when we study bugs. Thanks!

Jolta said...

Wow! Your cupcakes turned out great! You don't have any dinosaur cupcakes in that cookbook of yours, do you?