Friday, January 02, 2009

good-bye 2008, hello 2009!

Our Christmas in Las Vegas was great. We spent a lot of time hanging out with family. We played games, watched movies, went on walks, attended a Temple session, played in the snow up at Mount Charleston, played the Wii (I so want one!), we roasted hot dogs at Western Trails- the awesome park my dad designed. We miss everybody lots!

Our flight home pretty much sucked. Not as bad as last time I guess. I won't bore you with the details but I will say that it included VOMIT. Vomit that didn't make it in to the air sickness bag. Enough said.

Christmas 2008


2008 has been a great year for our family. We have had lots of fun trips, Liam and Sutton both started school (kindergarten and preschool respectively), there have been home improvement projects planned and a few even completed (hurrah!), only one trip to the emergency room (I consider that a success), sewing projects, time spent with friends and family and best of all, Ezra joined our family!

We look forward to all the adventures that 2009 will bring.

7 comments:

jessie said...

It looks like you had an amazing trip! I still can't believe there was SNOW in Vegas! I'm sorry to hear there was vomit included in your return flight... puke is never a good thing - but PARTICULARLY on an airplane! :( I guess it wouldn't be a true holiday success story without some drama, though. :)

merathon said...

oh yes-- unfortunately i am also familiar with the puking on a plane. that sounds just like one of my trips last year and i wasn't even flying with patrick so i was on my own to deal with the situation!

looks like you had a fun time. . . i can't wait to hear how your flight out there went with all that snow! and how do you post a photo collage like that?

Molly Krauss Smith said...

Our first thought was of you guys when we heard the weather report for Vegas. How bizarre and wonderful that you had snow! Glad you're back. Can't wait to hear the details of the infamous plane ride...

Stephanie said...

you guys all look so great. I'm glad you had a nice break.

Anonymous said...

how fun that you were able to go to vegas for christmas!! i love all the pictures. your kids are beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a fun trip. Cute collage too! Happy New YEar Erin!

The Carlsons said...

What a fun way to spend the holidays and a little snow thrown in doesn't hurt. You'll always remember that Christmas...Your family looks wonderful. Hope 2009 is as great for all of you!