Wednesday, January 14, 2009

@12 weeks

Mister Ezra,

You are twelve weeks old today. You had to get your first immunization shots this morning. You weren't happy. I am so sorry! You are weighing in at 12 lbs 11 oz and you are 23 3/4" long.

You are such a joy to have around. You are my sweetest, calmest baby yet. Except for the last three days when you have demanded to be held whenever you have been awake. I don't mind, I love to hold you. Unless I am making dinner, then it is a little annoying. That sling I made is really coming in handy. A lifesaver I tell ya.

Up until three days ago you were sleeping 12 hours straight each night. It was fabulous! Now you are waking up at 3 or 4 am each morning to eat. I am tired. Can you start sleeping all night again? Please?

I love how intensely you look right into my eyes, like you are silently trying to convey a message or something. I love how you watch me whenever I am near you. I really love your smile. Your eyes sparkle when you smile. You have such lovely blue eyes.

You coo a lot. Liam and Sutton love it and so do I. I love the sound of your voice. I can't wait to hear you laugh. It will be a beautiful sound I know. You snort when you are really hungry. It cracks me up!

You have a huge double chin that I think is adorable. You also have the cutest dimples, one on your chin (like your Dad) and one on each cheek (like your Mom). I am talking about your face here. You have too many dimples on your bum cheeks to even count! And yes, they are cute too.

Thanks for coming to our family. I'm glad you're here.


10 comments:

Andi said...

Oh wow, he's getting big! I love the sling. Such cute fabric.

Chapter Chicks said...

oh he is just the cutest! i can't believe we haven't met him yet! (although I know you've tried to get us together!) hopefully we can soon.. before he's 1! I hope all is well, take care!
Erin

Stephanie Collins said...

oh my gosh, Erin! Ezra is ADORABLE!!!! How fun. I must admit...I'm a little jealous. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you...your phone message got to me on Christmas, I got a new phone and added your number in, then accidentally erased my entire phone book. Gotta love getting to know new technology. Congrats again....he is so so so cute!

granma and papa said...

sweet baby, I miss all of you so much

jessie said...

He's so adorable! Has it really been 12 weeks?! The dimples are so cute.. I've gotta say I'm very envious of the 12 hour sleeping schedule - or even the newly revised early morning wake-up (though I hope he returns to his regular schedule for you!).

Happy 12 weeks, Ezra!

Anonymous said...

such a sweet post and what a cute baby...seriously adorable!!

Kate said...

Aww! I miss you all! That baby is so dang cute!

Audrey said...

beautiful entry. makes me exited for our third :0) which is good, because half the time i forget i'm expecting :0( feel so bad saying that, life is just so busy,busy. you'll have to tell me how you keep it together so well. :0)

The Carlsons said...

He looks like your other kids...cute as can be. Hang in there, time goes by to fast.

Jamie Garlick said...

What a beautiful child! I can't believe he was already sleeping through the night a few weeks ago. And I gotta say, getting up only once a night, at 3 or 4, really isn't so bad...