the friend part should be easy. we found out on Friday who his teacher is and also that he and his friend Max that he went to preschool with will be in the same class. i am so happy about that.
yesterday we got a packet in the mail from the school. it had information about the teacher, the curriculum, some rules and forms and of course, the SUPPLY LIST. never having been school shopping for a child before, i was surprised at the amount of stuff on the list.
i had to get started right away. it is kind of fun having a list of things that have to be bought.
i ordered this bookbag:

and this water bottle, BPA-free of course! (they are allowed to have a non-dripping water bottle at their desks. i would have loved that when i was in school):

i check this website before i buy anything online: http://www.retailmenot.com/. i got free shipping for the backpack and 20% off the water bottles. not a ton of money saved, but every little bit counts. especially since school uniforms are the next item that i need to buy. i don't even know where to go for that but i have a feeling it might get pricey.

6 comments:
How exciting! I can't believe Liam and Geoff are starting school! Have fun gearing him up! I'm sure he will do great!
i bought some of kendall's school uniforms at Lands' End overstocks (which are WAY cheaper than the regular website) and some at Target. it actually didn't end up being that expensive. nice water bottle, by the way!
thanks for the tip Meredith!
i loved your girls' water bottles. they are so perfect for kids, so i had to get the same one!
School already?! I'm just barely adjusting to the idea of Jackson going to school in TWO years let alone sooner! And it seems like yesterday when you sneaked into primary to see Liam's first day as a sunbeam! I hope he has a great first day with a teacher that adores him! :)
Mike & Erin~*
Your children are gorgeous...you are the perfect little family. I need to get back in touch with you.
xoxoxo~ Camilla (Stonecliffe) Le
I never knew about retailmenot. Thanks for the tip!
Post a Comment