Thursday, August 28, 2008

recent creations

i don't usually post about things i make. i feel somewhat self-conscious about it. i am trying to get over that.

one of my 2008 goals was to remember friends and family members birthdays. i have remembered a few friends birthdays and almost all sibling/sibling-in-law birthdays but i haven't done anything for any nieces or nephews. Definitely room for improvement in 2009!

my sister Lauren's birthday was in May but i just got around to making her present- an apron. As the saying goes, better late than never.


then there was sister-in-law Jen's birthday. she got a clutch. i thought it would be a fun project and heaven knows i have no need for a clutch.


sister-in-law Jessica got an apron also. similar to Lauren's. just shorter and different fabric.


my visiting teaching companions birthday is today. she is the lucky recipient of a practice project- a cosmetic bag. there are a few things i will do different next time i make this bag but i thought it turned out well enough to give as a gift.



a few non birthday presents:

a bag for sister-in-law Laura. Just because she found fabric she liked.


a sling for friend Sara and her new baby girl, Lucca. (slings are such great items. they can be used from birth to 30 plus pounds as demonstrated here by Sutton. (For a child that hated the sling when she was new born she really liked being in this one!))


pillow shams to go with the new duvet. the shams that are sold to go with this duvet totally didn't match. the color was off and the fabric had a strange texture to it that seemed to clash with the smoothness of the duvet. so i found fabric that did match and made my own.

15 comments:

tekkno89 said...

Hey Erin,

I think all your stuff looks awesome. It's good to see your work up on the blog. Tell Michael, Liam and Sutton I said hi.

Tyler

Allison said...

Those are way cute. You're so talented! You really should post things you make more often.

jen said...

I agree - you should post stuff you make more. AND sell them on etsy. I wish I had a tenth of the talent you have. Such a good eye for fabrics and colors and great designs.
i love my clutch by the way. I used it when I had a girls night a few weeks ago!

Jamie Garlick said...

Wow, Eemer! I can't believe how talented you are! I absolutely LOVE then all! (And I am coveting them too). You could do AWESOME on etsy.com!

Jessica said...

I love the apron Erin! Thank you so much. I had been longing for an apron for years. Oh and I love the pockets on it.

Stephanie Collins said...

WOW!!! You are so talented! I am really impressed! The sewing machine and I don't get along at all...and I don't have time to work on that to improve. Someday...you should sell on etsy! I'd buy from you!

Unknown said...

Erin you are so talented! I love the fabric choices. Modern, yet Simple. The aprons are so cute!And the clutch! oh come on couldn't you fit a diaper in their?? ok,..maybe a bottle..?? J/k. It looks so professional!! I am sure Jen looks cute with it! I think you should open up a little Etsy shop. I have a lot of great resources I found to help since Ive been working on mine. Let me know and I can email you links. :)

Shelley said...

Where are you finding your adorable fabrics? I want to make aprons too!

The Kerr Family said...

You're just way too talented! Everything looks great.

jessie said...

I love 'sister-in-law Laura''s bag! :) We need to have a sewing night where you demonstrate how to make it. Please? :) I think you should show off everything you make! You are incredibly talented!

Andi said...

Love your stuff! I especially like the fabrics you pick out. You'll have to keep posting stuff you make.

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin!

Janelle showed me your blog...I hope you don't mind. I love all your stuff!! I also love sewing and I was wondering if you use patterns...I would love to make that purse and makeup bag. And where do you find your cute fabric?? I love it!

Janelle told me that your kids rooms are super cute too...can I see pictures??

Feel free to stop by my blog!!

Andrea Buchanan Robertson

granma and papa said...

Erin,
You make me so proud!

Erin said...

thanks for the nice comments everybody. you're all too nice!

jess and andrea (hi andrea, great to here from you!!)- the purse is a McCalls (5599) pattern that I modified a bit. It was a really easy bag to make. And the cosmetic bag was based on a free tutorial that I found online.
http://tinyurl.com/ypp9ob

#A5 said...

yay erin! that little clutch is especially darling.