We rented a big beautiful house on a quiet dead end road about a two minute walk from the beach. Our group this year consisted of: Michael's parents, his sister Laura and her family, Jon and Jen and Jen's brother Jacob.
Michael and I and the kids all shared a room which doesn't usually work out very well for our family but the kids were really good this time. Liam slept on a little couch and Sutton slept in her porta-crib. Almost every night Sutton woke up about 3:30 am. Normally this would be a really bad thing. At home she refuses to cuddle in our bed (and go back to sleep) with us but for some reason while we were at the beach she would do just that. It was actually kind of fun because she has never been much of a snuggler.
Liam loved playing with his cousins. They spent so much time in the water either at the beach or in the pool. Sutton prefers to play in the sand. She will sit and dig for ages.
On our last morning Sutton and I woke up early and went to the beach to watch the sun rise. It was beyond beautiful. The last few picture are from that morning. Whenever I am needing a vacation I will pull up that last picture and take a mini mental break!
As usual, I wish I had taken more pictures. Especially some group pictures or at least a family shot.
Here are my favorites:

4 comments:
So beautiful! I'm glad you all had good weather, safety and lots of fun. Love you!
Looks and sounds like you had a great time! We're glad you're back though.
okay, next year?
Wow, that is gorgeous!
Post a Comment