Friday, August 22, 2008

day two without Liam

I took Sutton upstairs thinking we could play with her kitchen or read books. Instead she wants to play Legos. Okay, no biggie. I build a house and she builds a gun which she shoots me with over and over again. Then we played "dinosaur attack" where she repeatedly attacks me with Liam's large battery powered T-Rex. After that we were on to play doctor. She gave me a thorough check-up with lots and lots of shots.

I think I need to buy her some dolls and set up play-dates with girls. She has been playing with boys too long!!


***********

On a completely unrelated note, I came across this yesterday:


"The Peanut Shell® has made a few tweaks on the classic hospital gown. The cut is a bit shapelier, the neckline - finally flattering, the sleeves - finally adjustable - all ensuring you'll sail through your delivery & recovery with ease. The feminine details and added functionality (hidden snaps for easy breastfeeding!) make them irresistible and simply spill over with charm...
Wear a hospital gown by the Peanut Shell® and bring your little one into the world in style."


I think that is the lamest thing I have seen in a while. They used a few cute fabrics but, seriously, you are as big as a house and you are pushing a baby out (which can get messy) then you recover for a day or two and then go home. Does anyone really care how you look? And don't even get me started on the $90 price tag. Sometimes I am so sick our consumeristic culture. Just add this to the pile of crap being sold that no one could possibly ever need!

3 comments:

jen said...

yuck. those hospital gowns aren't even cute. I think the ugly regular ones are better than pushing a baby out while clad in head-to-toe floral.

jessie said...

I found a link similar a few weeks ago! LOL!! Someone posted about it on my birth board and all of these first-time mom's were in a frenzy to buy one! I just laughed, but agree that the fabric is cute! :) The one's I found were at www.shopbyog.com (Bring Your Own Gown). They're also around $95 which is JUST ridiculous considering they're being used for at most two days?! The clincher is that for an additional $10 or $20 you can monogram it! What the heck?! HA HA HA HA!!!! It's so unreal it's hysterical!

Anonymous said...

No way! Wow. That really is lame. Maybe I should start sewing if I could make that much money on a lame idea!