There was actually no tears today at all. Not even from me! Last night I got just a little emotional as Michael gave Liam the traditional night-before-school-fathers blessing.
Liam was so happy and excited to be at school. He wasn't nervous or concerned at all. Sutton was convinced that I was going to leaver her. She kept clinging to me! I have been so nervous the last couple of weeks but all my anxiety over the situation was dissolved when I saw how comfortable Liam was.
It was strange not having Liam around. Once we got home Sutton and I didn't really know what to do. I ended up painting Sutton's fingernails and toenails and then we vacuumed out van (which desperately needed it!). I am especially glad that we finally made the choice to enroll Sutton in preschool. She is so used to having Liam as a playmate. I am afraid that she will be horribly lonely without him.
A special bonus- Liam's two best friends from preschool are in his kindergarten class. None of them sit together (which is for the best I am sure) but I am so happy that he already has friends at school.
Liam said his favorite part of the day was when the music teacher visited his class. He showed three instruments- the ukulele, the harmonica and the trombone. Liam liked the ukulele the best (he has been playing with Michael's old guitar a lot recently). Liam also really liked lunch and recess. Surprise, surprise! Isn't that every kids favorite?

Liam in between his two buddies Conner and Max.

8 comments:
how come he already started school? i didn't think any schools in CMS could start till monday!
Welcome to the society of Mothers with Children in School full time. It is a beautiful thing to me! Congratulations! It is so fun to watch Liam and Sutton grow up. Love you all!
What are you going to do with all your extra time?? Oh wait...baby number 3! Liam looks so handsome in his little uniform.
meredith- the school is part of CMS but kind of sets some of it's own rules. i know they follow a different schedule as far as days off and they have about a 45 minute longer school day than other schools. not sure why or how though!
Thanks Jessica- i am glad to be part of the society! and it is a beautiful thing! Although it was harder to let him go this morning. I dropped him off at the door instead of walking him in and he just seemed so little compared to all the other kids walking in (the building also houses the junior high). I got a little teary-eyed.
jen- i won't have free time for long but i plan to live up the few weeks i have!!
Cute pictures! I love uniforms. Liam is so cute. I'm exited for Ethan to start all-day Kindergarten in a couple of weeks.
Congratulations to Liam on his new adventure! Hmm...a few days down..only 12 years and how many months left of school? ;) The little uniforms just crack me up! They're SO cute!
Wow Erin, I can't believe he is so grown up, what a handsome little man! This is such a joyous time, enjoy it and relish all the experiences you will be having - it all goes by way too fast.
You are such a good mom to your children. Thanks for being so good and taking such good care of them. Your mom and I love them so much - I think we may have told you that one before!
Can't wait to see you all in October. I hope all is well with you and the baby.
Love, Dad
Oh how cute is he! I'm not looking forward to having to send my Liam off to school. The good thing is that your Liam is so social. Our Liam is so painfully shy he usually ends up hiding behind me at birthday parties and sneaks off to play with their toys while they are eating cake. Wait a sec, shy or smart? He's getting the toys all to himself...
Post a Comment