Sunday, March 16, 2008

welcome spring

Not much is going on here. I just wanted to stop terrorizing my readers with that loverly picture of me. But don't worry, if you are missing it just scroll down, it is still there.

Last weekend we had a visit from Aunt Lauren. We had lots of fun and still miss you Lauren!


















This is our Easter tree. I have never really decorated for any holidays other than Christmas. With the kids getting older it is so fun. They really get into it. Liam helped me do the tree. He was so concerned that we weren't putting candy in the eggs. Which led to a conversation about the Easter Bunny. He asked if a "big bunny" would actually be coming in to our house. I wasn't really sure how to answer. Michael and I have talked about Santa and what part he will play in our Christmases but we have never talked about any other holiday characters (oops!). So I just asked Liam "Do you want the Easter Bunny to come in our house?" He said, "uhh... I guess so". I get the feeling that he is not too keen on the idea but if the Bunny will be bringing candy he'll let it slide.


The weather has been beautiful since Lauren left. (Sorry about that!) Even with a really nasty cold I have had a burst of spring time energy. The mosquitos aren't out yet so we have been spending lots of time outside. I have done LOTS of raking in the front and back yards (yes, we still have leaves from fall and the two previous falls also if you must know). I even got the kids their own rakes and they have been helping too. We have potted some flowers (snapdragons- my favorite) and have bulbs sprouting and a few daffodils already blooming.

4 comments:

Allison said...

We got snow yesterday.

Basically, that means I'm jealous. I want daffodils. Hey, at least I've got crocuses.

S'mee said...

diggin the flowers! And also, that blue eared orange tongued little guy is AWESOME! Cool photo.

#A5 said...

snapdragons and daffodils already?? and i love the hanging eggs. so cheery.

granma and papa said...

Happy Easter to my babies! I decorations are great and the flowers are beautiful. We want to be there...