I found out today that Liam was accepted into the Charter School that we applied to last fall. Admission is done lottery-style. We were very lucky to get in. The list with names of accepted kids was one and a half pages. The list for wait-listed kids is five pages long. I am really excited for Liam. This is a great opportunity at really awesome school. It is Kindergarten-High School so for the most part he will go to school with the same kids his entire time in school. Kinda like a small town!
now for the sad-
I went to the grocery store this morning and Sutton fell out of the cart and landed on her head. Yes, I am now one of those moms. In my defense, I was watching a friends daughter and so I was going to get a two seater cart but I guess they were all being used. I even asked an employee to help me find out but no luck. So I strapped the baby in the cart and tried to get Sutton to SIT in the basket. It didn't work.
She didn't cry really hard but she was totally inconsolable. She was kind of limp and just laid her head on my shoulder and was whimpering. After about 10 minutes of that I decided that something wasn't right (Sutton is really tough and gets over being hurt very quickly) so we were headed out of the store and she puked. Luckily, we were about two minutes from the hospital. On the short drive to the hospital there was LOTS more puking. Michael came and Sutton had to get a CT scan. She has a hair line fracture in the back of her skull. She is such a trooper though. She was really good at the hospital (except for the CT Scan) and has done great since I brought her home. I have to wake her up every 4-6 hours tonight but the doctors are confident that she won't have any problems. I really hope they are right, I am feeling like a craptastic mom right now.

13 comments:
Oh Erin, I am SO sorry! I hate that feeling- being a Mom is so guilt-ridden. Last saturday a neighbor from up the street and around the corner and up that street who I don't know went walking by my house carrying Renie, right after I determined she was not IN my house and began looking for her. She was reeking of poop, barefoot, hair uncombed, face filthy. She had apparently tried to follow Lincoln when he took Cheyenne for a walk. Yeah, Mom of the year here. These things happen, but we don't think they're supposed to happen to US! I once pulled Kennedy's arm out of joint too. Oh, and when Julia was 2months old I set her on a table in her infant seat, not buckled, and she woke up and wriggled out and fell on the floor. Are you feeling better yet? Don't make me confess anything else! I'm glad she's going to be OK. Congrats on the Charter school, though!
Poor sweet Sutton. Don't feel bad though, she is a wiggly worm and quite the independent 2 yr old. At least you didn't swing her up in the air and then lose your grip and drop her on her head...like I um...did with Liam. See, he turned out so well he got into a charter school!
I am so sorry! That sounds super stressful. I'm so glad it sounds like everything will be fine. Thanks for the kick in the pants - Skye doesn't like to be buckled!
What a sweet girl! She is even cute in a hospital gown. Erin, these things happen...remember Eli's finger in the door jam? He now has a bump on his finger that will most likely require surgery in the future.
Oh! and you sure aren't helping the "likes Aunt La La more than Mom" cause! jk you are an AWESOME Mom.
oh erin! poor little sutton and poor you! ruthie has come so close to this so many times. aside from thinking that i was watching her fall to her death two weeks ago, last year i thought i had broken her arm- the lame ER people in santa monica even casted her arm up- turns out i only pulled it out of socket but the poor girl had to deal with the mother-inflicted wound for five days. . . anyway, you're no crappy mom. you can't be, because if you are then i'm so hosed.
glad to hear she's going to be alright- and congrats on liam's school- that is hugely great news!
um, and seriously- sutton in the hospital gown? i can't take it.
Erin, just remember your fat lip and remember that you forgave me...I think!?
Ow! How scary for you! Just reading about it I got that sick stomach feeling. Sometimes the whole adversity thing doesn't sound so good to me. We will keep you all in our prayers. And by the way . . . you are a wonderful mother. We all have our stories. Now you have one more. Love you!
holy crap! My stomach flipped when I read this! Erin, honestly this could have happened to any of us, we all put our kids in the shopping cart the same way (well I guess I should stop now ay?). You aren't a bad mom AT ALL!!!
I hope she recovers quickly, your brave little lady!
I hate these moments...when reality hits that we are human, no matter how hard we try. Geoffrey fell out right on top of his head at Home Depot when he was about 2...and had a huge bruise on the top right side of his forehead. It was ugly.
Sutton I'm sure has perked up and I hope you feel better too! You are a wonderful mother!
Thanks everybody! Sutton is doing so great. She is her normal self again. She is such a tough little girl you would never guess that she had a head injury.
when did this happen? I swear I just talked to you.
so sad. poor little thing.
but congrats on the charter school! I would take Liam too, with those dance moves alone.
Hey bear- wow you know if there is trouble Sutton will be right there in it. She is so tough and stubborn. Glad she is doing well. Congrats on the charter school it sounds like it will be a great place for Liam. Love you guys, and dang those kids are getting big. Totally loving Sutton's hair also, she is so beautiful.
Hey, if it makes you feel any better, my mom dropped me on my head (on the concrete) when I was a baby - and look how I turned out! (Oh wait...)
Post a Comment