Tuesday, January 29, 2008

just call him gusteau

Liam is currently obsessed with the movie Ratatouille. He has been begging me to make him a Cars (another favorite movie) apron for months. I finally did it and as soon as he put it on he told me he had to "do Gusteau" and he ran to the kitchen grabbed two frying pans.



















Sometimes he pretends he is Remy the rat other times he is Gusteau and makes shopping lists and recipes for me to follow.



He and Sutton love to play in the kitchen. Liam has always enjoyed helping me cook but now he wants to cook. By himself. Yesterday I found him about to mix a banana and ketchup in a pan. I was mean and wouldn't let him. I hate to stifle his creativity but I really hate wasting food and somehow I just knew that he wouldn't be eating his creation.

9 comments:

jen said...

what a cute cute boy. Bring him to my house, I will let him mix up a banana and ketchup. But only if he promises to taste it. :)

scout said...

Erin, it kills me how much the things you say about Liam are exactly Tate. They would still be such the best little buddies. You coming to visit any time soon?

Erin said...

Oh Scout! I wish Liam and Tate could still play together. You're right they would be the best of friends.

I wish we could make a trip up to visit. Michael started a new job back in November and he doesn't get as much vacation time so we are having to cut back on our trips this year.

Maybe you should make a trip is see us??? We would love to have you if it is possible for you!

And that offer stands for any friends out there that read this. Come one, come all to exotic North Carolina!

Molly said...

I LOVE the Gusteau shot. He even has the same puppydog eyes! And I am struck by the fact that Sutton is not a baby anymore- she's all little girl. CUTE!

Anonymous said...

when poppa and i get out there we will be happy to eat bananas and catsup (gulp!. when did Sutton growup, please mention that I'd like to slow down.
love you all,
mom

Anne said...

I love that kid. He is hillarious.

Shelley said...

That is so cute! Evan is totally in on the cars obsession. The Gusteu pose totally cracks me up! Have you found any fun books for cooking with kids?

Erin said...

Shelley- I looked at the kids cookbooks last time I was a Barnes and Noble and I didn't like any of them. Most had only sweets or dessert recipes. The few books that had regular meals either had no pictures or were too busy and loud looking. Two pet peeves of mine.

If anyone else out there knows of a good children's cookbook, please share with us!

Sara Clifton said...

Can I just tell you how BEAUTIFUL your house looks! All of your patience is paying off. I LOVE the kitchen...and what I can see behind/around the birthday cake is awesome. Please post more. Oh, your kids are adorable, too :) Yes, I really do read your posts for the content, not just the teeny glimpses I get of your house.