
Even though this was expected (a man cannot live forever no matter how much we want him too), I was shocked when Michael called this morning to tell me that President Hinckley had died.
I never personally knew him but I felt a strong connection with the man. He was the Prophet during the time in my life when I truly gained my own testimony of the Gospel. Whenever I had the chance to listen to him speak I always felt lighter, happier, stronger.
As saddened as I am, I am equally happy for him. He is now reunited with his beloved wife. I almost envy the reunion that must be taking place on the other side.
Many years ago, I had the opportunity to attend General Conference at the Tabernacle on Temple Square. When he walked in the room just be fore the meeting started, I could feel him before I saw him. For being such a small man he had a very large presence. He was truly a Prophet of God. I will miss him.

1 comment:
i was really surprised when i found out sunday night too, even though i shouldn't have been. i saw him and shook his hand ten years ago and was shocked how old and tired he looked then. . .
but i'm seriously happy for the man- relieved of his duties as prophet, back with marjorie. he must be feeling pretty great right now.
Post a Comment