Tuesday, October 23, 2007
24 (not the show, just my pathetic life)
This post chronicles the last 24 hours of my life. It is long and full of whining and complaining. So if you don't want to hear it stop reading now. You have been warned.
Monday
6:30 am- Sutton starts screaming which wakes up Liam. Michael, being The Best Husband Ever, gets up with the kids.
7:30 am- I drag myself out of bed. My head hurts so much I think it might actually explode.
10:00am- I put Sutton down for a nap (Liam is at school). I am still feeling horrid so I take Advil and lay down. About 10 minutes after I fall asleep a crow starts caw caw-ing outside of my bedroom window. This continues every 15-30 seconds until I am fully awake and unable to fall back asleep. Sensing a job well done the crow flies away and is not heard from again.
11:30 am- Sutton wakes up from her nap so I again drag myself out of bed with the exploding headache still in full force. I take more Advil.
3:00 pm- Liam comes home from playing at his friends house. The kids watch t.v. I lay on the couch with an ice pack on my head. The pain is now so bad that I have actually thrown up because of it.
5:00 pm- Still feeling like crap I get up and make dinner. Spaghetti and home-made meatballs (made with ground chicken- it was so-so, ground beef is definitely better for meatballs).
6:15 pm- We all are eating dinner. I realize that the pain is now a dull ache that I hardly even notice. Hurrah!
7:00 pm- Family Home Evening with a lesson on honesty.
7:20 pm- Michael, again being The Best Husband Ever, puts both of the kids to bed.
7:35 pm- Headache still hasn't returned but I am exhausted. I go lay in the bed and fall asleep almost instantly.
10:00 pm- Sutton starts crying. She has at least four teeth that are in various stages of coming in and hasn't been sleeping well as a result. She quiets down after a few minutes and I start to drift off again.
10:30 pm- Ruby sees some animal outside and starts freaking out. That deep moan/growl/meow thing that cats do.
11:00 pm- I get my first prank call ever. A teen-aged boy asks if I ____ ____? (something obscene). edited because Michael was shocked (and maybe disappointed at my minimal censorship. oops. I have the oh-so original comeback of "don't you dare call this number again!" After I hang up I realized I should have said, "yes, actually I do... would you like to come over?" That would have turned the table on the punk and made him the shocked and uncomfortable one. Why, oh why can't I be quick thinking in the moment?
11:48 pm- I get up because I just can't fall back asleep. I take half a dose of Simply Sleep and sit in front of the t.v. waiting for it to kick in.
12:55 am- I am about to pass out so I crawl back to bed. It still takes me at least 20 minutes to fall asleep.
2:00 am- I wake up for no reason at all.
3:40 am- I wake up again for no reason.
5:53 am- Sutton wakes up screaming again. She has a fever. Michael helps me give her medicine. He rocks her back to sleep. We go back to bed. No time to fall asleep though because...
6:10 am- Liam gets up. We tell him that he has to play quietly in his room. A few threats later he agrees playing in his room is his best choice. Michael and I head back to bed for what we hope is that last time.
7:45 am- I wake up alone. At some point while I was sleeping the kids got up again and Michael, once again being The Best Husband Ever, let me sleep and took care of the kids.
8:55 am- I buckle Liam, Sutton and Max (neighbor boy) into the car and realize that I left the keys in the house. Which is, of course, locked.
8:57 am- I call Anna (Max's mom) ask if I can borrow her car to drop the boys off at school and go to Jen's house to get our spare key.
9:12 am- I drop the kids off, get the key, stop at the store to get more medicine for Sutton.
10:15 am- I finally get home and find that the key Jen had was for our old locks. She doesn't know where the new key is. I can't get a hold of Laura (who I think may have a new key) or Michael. I decide to drive to Michael's office anyway and hope that he will not be in a meeting when I get there.
10:40 am- Sutton cries almost the entire drive to the office but thankfully I get the key from Michael. Finally something is going my way!
10:50 am- Sutton falls asleep in the car, which means of course means that there will be no nap once we get home.
11:05 am- We got home and yep, Sutton wakes up as soon as I put the car in park.
So there you have it- my last 24 (more like 29) hours. Did anyone actually read that whole thing? I don't care. I feel better after letting it all out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
omygosh the freaking crow had me laughing out loud with you in pity- then it went so down hill from there!
so random- the crow (?)
you did not sound happy earlier when we talked on the phone. no wonder! i realized that the key i gave you is to Laura's house. Jon has the key to your new door. i hope your day gets significantly better. maybe you need a hershey bar...or (!) I can take the kids for you on Thursday and you can have a free day! seriously. let me do that. i'm dying of boredom.
I don't really know what to say Erin...
Poor Erin! At least this day is over. *Hugs*
Liz- We have tons of crows in our neighborhood. The other day I looked out the kitchen window and saw three in my front yard. Kinda creepy.
Thanks for the offer Jen- I am doing great today. Mind over matter! It WILL be a good day. The kids would love to play with you though so if you are truely dying of boredom- come over anytime!
Steph- thanks for the 'hugs'! much appreciated.
I'm thinkin' whoever wrote "4 and 20 black birds baked in a pie..." had a morning just like yours.
Hope the rest of the week goes better.
oh erin. . . i couldn't stop reading the thing. the continual stream of hideous events was so horrifyingly captivating. now i am laughing but still feeling bad that you actually lived those 24 hours.
Post a Comment