I realized that I haven't posted much about the kids lately, especially Sutton. So here is a little update on our not-so-much-a-baby-anymore girl.Sutton is now 16.5 months and is very independent. Recently she has learned how to put on pants/shorts. Sometimes she walks around the house with two pairs of bottoms on because she adds one after I have already gotten her dressed. If I put food on a fork then give her the fork so she can feed herself, she freaks, she has to be the one to get the food on the fork. Similar to that, when Sutton is drinking out of a water bottle I have to unscrew the cap but leave it resting on the top bottle (so she can remove it) or she throws a fit and won't drink.
Sutton often prefers her aunts to me. If we are with Laura or Jen, Sutton wants to be held by one of them. If I try to take her from their arms she whines and clings to them. I tell myself it because they are family and she loves them and she sees me all the time but, last Saturday we were at the park with some friends. Sutton fell down and skinned her knee. She was crying a bit so I picked her up and loved on her. She pushed away from me so I put her down. She ran over to my friend Heather and stretched her arms up asking Heather to hold her! Where's the love, huh?
Sutton loves to terrorize her brother. When he is watching t.v. she will turn it off. She steals his toys and when she wants his attention she will pat the top of his head, hard. She also loves to dance, especially when she is in her car seat. Sutton is really good at jumping from the counter into my or her dads arms. She just leaps right off- no fear at all.
She can say (in her own special way, of course):
please- eeesh
thank you- kaa-oo
look- oook
blankie- kiki
cracker- kakoo
kitty cat- ki-kaa
baby- bebe
dog- she can't really say dog but she makes a barking noise and pants if she sees or someone mentions a dog
ears- eee (while jiggling her or someone else's ears)
eyes- iiii (while digging her finger into her or someone else's eye. she also enjoys pulling eyelashes)

She can also correctly identify her:
teeth
hair
feet
hands
belly
sutton-button (belly button)
chin
Sutton can also be very sweet and cuddly. The other day I was talking on the phone and she kept kissing me over and over. She has finally learned how to give a proper closed lip kiss. She even makes the puckering up/kissing noise.
She wants to be a big kid and thinks she can do what ever they do. Most of the time she is right. She is a very strong and determined child. She doesn't seem to be afraid of anything.

4 comments:
I so enjoy your blog. Sutton button kills me, she's adorable.
I hope you don't mind, but I have linked you on my blogroll.
she's so adorable! I love that she adores her aunts so much. :)
Thanks s'mee. I don't mind at all. You have some great links on your blogroll. I am honored to have made it! :)
I will add you to mine too.
Thanks Jen. I would say that you are her favorite but her other aunts read this blog too!
She really is a beautiful girl - I love those lips and eyes! I think she and Skye would like each other in a few years. Skye is also fearless and likes to irritate her big brother sometimes! Are you guys staying in NC? It's our favorite state!
Post a Comment