Tuesday, September 04, 2007

first day of school

Yesterday was Liams first day of preschool. I have been anticipating and dreading this day for months. Anticipating because I am excited for him to learn and grow. Dreading because I feel like I am loosing my baby boy. This is it. After this year in preschool he will be in kindergarten and before I know it he will be in High School and will hate my guts.

The anticipated/dreaded day did come and I didn't even cry! And more importantly neither did he! He loves it.

Liam's school is Monday through Thursday 9-12:20. I have been enjoying those few hours quite a bit. Sutton usually naps during that time so I have the opportunity to get a lot accomplished. Today, instead of doing stuff that I should do, I had a friend that I haven't seen in months come over. We just sat and talked with no children screaming or climbing on us (she has three children including a four month old that laid on the floor without a peep like the little angel that she is) it was fabulous!

Here is the photo documentation of my boys first day of school:


Trying to wake brother up.



He requested waffles for his last breakfast as a 'little' boy...



Off to school (backpacks and all) with his buddy and classmate, Max.

6 comments:

Stephanie Collins said...

Liam is such a cute boy! I can identify with the emotions you are having...Geoffrey goes to Kindergarten next year, too. His birthday bumps him back a year in school. Just think, he'll hate your guts in high school but will love you more than ever when he leaves to serve his mission! I'm jealous...while Geoffrey is in preschool, I'm teaching...no quiet time here!

jen said...

aww. Little Liam. SO cute! I can't believe he's already in preschool!

The Carlsons said...

Wow! Time flies, I can't believe Liam is in preschool! Enjoy your one day a week that he isn't in school because I am sad that I don't really have a day that is all our own. by the way, your kitchen looks great! I'm sure that you are in heaven! Your kids are so cute and you and Michael look great too!

kt said...

Congrats on your first kid in preschool! I sent my last kid off to kindergarten and I'll be honest, I wasn't that sad. She was so excited and it's only half day, maybe next year...

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh! He is so cute! Evan had his first day of preschool too! Maybe one of these days I'll get around to posting it! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the first picture....the way that their little feet are touching.