Saturday, September 08, 2007

vestibul

This morning we went to a Greek festival or vestibul as Liam called it. We enjoyed some Greek dance and singing (OOMPA!), carnival rides, gyros and baklava. The weather was beautiful- not something that we have had a lot of- and the crowds weren't bad. There was an open-air market area where people were selling jewelry and Christmas decorations. The most interesting thing we found was a carved olive wood bust of Joseph Smith. Random, I know.











































































This church was in such a beautiful area full of old houses that I would live in if only I could afford it.

4 comments:

jen said...

who knew that Greeks not only love baklava...but also joseph smith and huge inflatable slides? awesome!

Sounds like a fun day!

Anonymous said...

It's a sign! The Church really IS true!

S'mee said...

I'm not sure exactly where you are, but I have to say that yup, I have actually seen these stautes in the homes where we are, hmmmm.

And as a side note, my #5 was down in Baja a few weeks back an saw JS on velvet. Just like Elvis. SHe almost bought it just to have JS on velvet (i mean really, how many people can claim that?) but he was "$40 American -firm!" Thank you, thank you very much.

Erin said...

s'mee, I have also seen Joseph Smith on velvet in Mexico!! Awesome.