Monday, September 03, 2007

grandma and poppa woody's









We spent the entire long weekend at Michael's parents house.

Usually when we visit them the whole rest of the family is there and the house is packed. So packed that some of the family members sleep outside in a tent. While I always love seeing the whole family it was so nice to have Mom and Dad and Kate all to ourselves!

We talked and ate alot (we each got our own pint of Ben & Jerry's to consume over the three days. Mine was New York Super Fudge Chunk... mm mm!) and played Scrabble, went antiquing, played in the sprinkler, and I did lots of sewing- a dress and a shirt (which was really fun for me because I haven't sewn in almost two months!).

Liam usually has all of his older cousins to play with at grandma and popa's so he was a little bored at first. But Liam and Sutton ended up playing so well together. It made me so happy to see them entertain each other. I love the dynamics between those two. I have a proud mommy moment when I watch them as they play together. It is even fun to watch them annoy each other. Like when Liam steals a toy or Sutton bops Liam on the head.

My favorite quote from the weekend: In Fast and Testimony meeting a primary boy shared his testimony, "I know this Church is true. I have no doubt that this Church is not true..." Totally cracked me up.

1 comment:

alysha said...

It seems unfair the back drop to every one of your pictures is always beautiful. We really need to come visit and see for ourselves what we are missing.