We had such a great holiday weekend! Michael had Thursday and Friday off so it was a four day weekend filled with fun.
Thursday morning we took the whole family bowling. Michael and Sutton and I had an awesome time. Liam got really frustrated. I remember being really upset when I was younger and couldn't keep the ball out of the gutter so I totally understand how he feels but as a parent it's pretty annoying. We just kept reminding him that it is a game, that we were there for fun. Didn't work in the moment but he wants to go again this week, so yay!
Sutton, on the other hand, LOVED bowling. We finally found a sport she enjoys. The fact that it doesn't involve running is not a coincidence. :) Even when she missed the pins entirely she would shrug, say "oh well.", smile and throw the next ball.
Ezra had fun for the first hour but lost interest after that. Gemma... she just ran around and jumped from chair to chair. No surprise there!
That afternoon we finally went to Tilden Park, an enormous regional park in Berkeley. We rode the steam train and the antique carousel.
Afterward, we headed to the water. We enjoyed the setting sun and the boats parked in the marina.
My favorite people:
Friday morning we headed to the Fourth of July parade. We haven't been to a parade in years and this was a good one!
I loved the bag pipes. There were a couple of marching bands, too.
That afternoon we had a barbeque at a friends house. I brought a salad and a flag cake. It was yummy and pretty to boot.
We had talked about going to find a place to watch fireworks but we were all pretty beat from a busy couple of days. We put Gemma to bed and once it was dark the rest of us went up on the roof and surprisingly were able to see some pretty great fireworks!
Saturday morning we went on a four mile bike ride along the bay. Ezra did great but got tired after about 2.5 miles. I love that the kids are getting old enough to do this kind thing. It's so fun!
We spent the last few hours of the afternoon at Cull Canyon, a swimming hole about 4 minutes from our house. It was the perfect relaxing end to the day.
Sunday we went to church, relaxed in the backyard and had friends over for dinner. I wish every weekend could be so long and packed with fun!










2 comments:
how lovely it must be to want to be outside all weekend on the fourth! i love that last pic of Liam.
and do most towns do parades still? I haven't been to one in ages. Might be fun with M in a couple years.
Sounds like the perfect holiday weekend! Love all the pictures! Keep us the awesome blogging, Erin!
Post a Comment