Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sutton's baptism


Sutton was baptized on June 14th, 2014

It was a perfect day. Sutton said she was "nerv-icited", her combination of nervous and excited, but really, she couldn't stop smiling.

Both her sets of grandparents and my sister Lauren and her husband Matt (and their kids!) came to town for the event. It was great having so much family here.

Sutton was baptized and confirmed by her dad. Lauren spoke on on baptism and one of her primary teachers spoke on the Holy Ghost. One of her friends sang a song. It was a beautiful meeting!

Lots of friends from church came to the baptism. And Sutton was showered with gifts. When I was baptized you got your own set of scriptures and that was it. She certainly wasn't complaining! :)

Sutton was so beautiful on her special day. I did her hair in a crown braid (learned just for this!) and I made her dress. I am so happy with how it turned out. Sutton loved the dress and hair. I love making her happy!















Here are a couple of goofy pictures. Oh, I love this funny girl!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

My heart is so happy to read this post and soak in the amazing pictures. I'm so proud of Sutton! She is a joy and blessing. I just love her. Congrats

merathon said...

the dress is amazing and beautiful but doesn't hold a candle to the girl inside it! i sure wish Berkeley still got to hang out with her friend Sutton!