Monday, June 16, 2014

end of the school year

They did it! The kids survived their first year of school in California. We now have a 6th grader, a 3rd grader and a kindergartener. Gemma will be going to preschool in the fall too!

There were SO many activities toward the end of the school year. Field trips, band concerts, performances in morning assemblies, class parties and more! I am so glad that is over and that we can now start our summer of FUN!

There was even a "graduation" ceremony for the 5th graders. I thought it was a little silly but apparently it is a Big Deal here.
Liam at the 5th grade advancement ceremony

Receiving his "diploma".

Liam and Nicholas. Nicholas was Liam's very first friend at school.

 
Liam and Grace. Another good friend at school.

Here are the kids with their teachers on the last day of school:

 Ezra and Mrs. Dennis

Sutton And Mrs. Saliba

Liam and Ms. Burgess

2 comments:

jen said...

Woah, talk about underdressed. Those kids are wearing suits! 5th grade graduation is such a silly thing. It's a big deal here, too. Jon already said he was going to boycott Miriam's. Ha.
The kids are so grown up! I can't believe you've already been gone a year (almost). Boo. I can't complain since we moved first.

Unknown said...

Congrats to everyone for a great school year!