Friday, August 17, 2012

asheville, north carolina arboretum

On the second day our Memorial Day weekend trip to Asheville, we visited the North Carolina Arboretum.

The Arboretum is beautiful. There were manicured gardens and walking paths though the natural wooded areas. There was also a large display of mini bonsai gardens. Even with all the beauty, we preferred the botanic garden. One, it was free and two, we could get wet and play! We're simple folk, I guess.


A interesting multiple hand sculpture


A gorgeous view.




I love my sweet family!


My beautiful girl.



And my other beautiful girl!



Taking a break from our walk in the woods.


Liam and Jon found this little lean-to. They ducked inside to take a look. This picture was taken just as Jon spotted all sorts of creepy crawly things living in the hut. In his haste to get away from them he gave Liam a frantic shove (he was fine). It was funny to watch big tough Jon freaking out about some bugs. :)


I love this picture of Gemma. She's like a mini speed walker!


Gemma on Daddy's shoulders.


My favorite mini bonsai garden.


Another gorgeous view.

2 comments:

jen said...

Jon has to go into lots of crawl spaces so he hates little bugs, especially when they are ON him. :)

Nice pictures though - I love the first one of you and Gemma. Sweet girl.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Your photos are phenomenal! what a gorgeous family. Xoxo