I love going to Hoover Dam! It is such an amazing place. Though since becoming a mother it scares the crap out of me. I am not one to be afraid of heights but the dam is so high that when I look over the side I get dizzy. The safety walls are tall enough and thick enough that it would be almost impossible for one of the kids to climb over and fall to their death but I can't help but keep a death grip on the kids the entire time we're there. They thought I was crazy but I couldn't help it!
Michael and I watched a PBS documentary about the building of the dam the week before our trip. We were glad we did. It helped us to enjoy the dam even more knowing it's history. Can you believe that it took only five years to build. FIVE YEARS!
The water side of the dam makes me less nervous. The water level is much higher now than in years past.
Hover dam was built in the 1930's and it's obvious. There are so many art deco details. At risk of sounding like an old person, they don't build them like that anymore! Such a glamorous era!
Sutton and Grandma
Michael and Ezra
Ezra, Liam, Andrew and Sutton.
Gemma was there too she just didn't get photographed.
I love seeing these two being affectionate.
I am not sure why Liam was making such goofy faces... Silly boy.
They recently completed a bridge so the dam isn't used for through traffic much anymore.





1 comment:
Looking out over the dam totally scares me as well!! And, honestly, it always has since I've got the whole "scared of heights" issue. Just looking at your pictures made me anxious and nervous, just as if I was looking out alongside of you!
Post a Comment