Wednesday, August 24, 2011

first day of school 2011

Today is the first day of school. Sutton is in Kindergarten. She is very excited!


She was in a great mood this morning. Dancing and singing and smiling.


Last night as I was tucking her in we were talking about school and I told her I was going to miss her so much (I may have been crying a little too...). She tried to comfort me;

Sutton: "It's okay mom. You can hug me when I leave."
Me: "Well, I am going to drive you to school and walk you into your class."
Sutton: "You can stay in the car, it's okay."
Me: "Can I please walk you to your class?"
Sutton: "Okay."


Pretty much the opposite experience with Liam. I am the one that has to comfort him. Even though he is now a third grader when it is time to go to school he suddenly become a very clingy mama's boy.


It breaks my heart to see him sad and crying when I try to leave him at school.


This picture says it all. Sutton; happy, optimistic. Liam, "please don't make me do this..."

Michael got him to smile though.



Ezra insisted in getting in the picture.



In the classroom, ready to start her first day. I am really going to miss this sweet, helpful girl!


I am so thankful for this boy (he was in Liam's class last year too). When Liam came the class he walked up to Liam and said Hi and gave him a hug. Several of his other classmates welcomed him also and I know that helped Liam. He is such a sweet sensitive boy. I wish I could protect him from the world.


We are home now and Gemma is napping. I have a date with my littlest man. Time to shower him with my undivided attention, a rarity indeed!

5 comments:

Alie said...

I can't believe how big they are getting. Sutton looks adorable with her skirt and sneakers. You guys make the cutest kids.

Stephanie said...

Your Liam and my Grant sound so much alike. He was quite nervous in the days leading up to school, and like you said, he is so sensitive. His first day was great, though, so I hope Liam's will be too.

jen said...

aw, I wish we were coming over tomorrow with pizza so we could hear all about their first days. They both look so grown up in these photos!

Molly Krauss Smith said...

Oh geez, they look so old! Glad you have time with Ezra and Gemma though. I'm sure they'll be happy to have you all to themselves for a bit.

Andi said...

Your kids are hilarious and adorable! I miss you guys. Hurry up and move to Portland already! Kidding (sort of).