Thursday, August 06, 2009

tonight


today was one of those days where i was reminded of how amazing, lovely, kind, polite, funny and sweet my kids are. earlier this week i wasn't liking them very much so today was a welcome change!


during a super simple dinner of roasted vegetables (sweet potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and white potatoes) and home-made biscuits the kids gave a never ending fountain of compliments like "best dinner ever Mom!"- Sutton "100%"- Liam "dadadadadamamamammagggghhh" Ezra. Sutton even had seconds. that hasn't happened in a very long time.


we laughed and talked and enjoyed each others company. it was a delightful evening.

4 comments:

liz said...

that was how last night was for me. it was so enjoyable. tonight- not so much. couldn't get them to bed fast enough and thought about how I bet no one else struggles with the lack of like sometimes. glad to know it just might be normal.

Kate said...

Aww. CUTE! I'm glad it was a good day. I need to come over and see you guys soon! I can't believe I'm leaving in a month!!!

Unknown said...

Oh how I love evenings like that. Truly a special present sent from above to remind us of why we do what we do. They are adorable!! Dinner sounded nummy!!!!

Jessica said...

Thank God for good days and kindness from children. You have some sweet babes there.