Friday, July 10, 2009

one-third

As of today, July 10th around 3:00 p.m., Michael and I have spent one-third of our lives married to each other!


























then and now: our engagement photo and us last week

You know how people say "I married my best friend"? Well, I didn't marry my best friend. In fact, looking back I didn't know Michael that well. I knew I loved him and that we he was the man I was supposed to marry. That was enough for me. I am so thankful for Michael (he is my best friend now!). The last ten years have been beautiful. I have everything I have ever hoped for. I can't wait to see what the next ten years hold- the adventures, the joys, even the trials.

For our anniversary gift to each other we are taking ourselves (and the children) to NYC for a week. One of these days (years?) we will take a romantic holiday sans kids. Plenty of time for that, right?

9 comments:

Michael said...

Love you Nire. It has been a fantastic 10 years. Maybe it's because I'm old now, but I really don't like how I'm not smiling in our announcement photo. Crap... that means your parents were right when they wanted to use the other shot. : ) I was going for the Blue Steel look. You can see the similarities - http://bit.ly/c6Dv8

kt said...

Congrats on 10 yrs!! I'm so sad that I'm not going to be around for your anniversary trips! Hopefully you'll make it back up next year?!

andrea. said...

congrats!! ten years is amazing! you two are a great couple...i remember when you were both single...and really, you are a perfect fit!

enjoy your trip! i am SO jealous!

Erin said...

michael-

smiling or not
i think your hot
plentiful hair or no
i will follow where'er you go

the first poem i have EVER written. that's a keeper!

Unknown said...

Congrads you love birds. Hope you guys are having fun in NYC!!!

Stephanie Collins said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Jessica said...

I hope you have a great night.
I hope you have a great time.
I hope you have a great night
because you're so perfect to be together.

From Leah Williams

Becca said...

I am laughing at Erin's poem. A very lovely first poem, my friend. And I think that you guys are a FANTASTIC couple. You're a perfect match. Have fun in New York!!

Shelley said...

Congrats! I love the engagement photo - so cute! Amazingly, Erin, you don't look that different! We have people ask Jake and I if our favorite wedding photo framed in our living room is a picture of us. I'm like, "no, it is our neighbors! Who else am I gonna have a framed wedding pic of in my living room!?!"