Sunday, February 08, 2009

perseverance

One of the things I love most about Liams school is that they have a moral focus for each month. November was, predictably, gratitude. December was self-control and the focus for January was perseverance.

The other day I asked Liam to find Sutton's sippy cup. He looked everywhere. My room, his room, the dining room with no luck. Usually he gives up at this point or at least starts whining on this day he had an exceptionally good attitude and kept looking. At long last he found it. He came running into the kitchen and triumphantly announced "I PERSEVERED!" Yes, you did buddy!

I love it when he surprises me with his awesomeness!

On a related note, I have also persevered a bit! Wednesday was a snow day and Liam was absent from school Thursday and Friday because he was sick with croup. Can't wait for tomorrow morning. Oh, AND I spoke in Church today. Phew, glad that's over with!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

great story, and I LOvE that picture.

Jessica said...

I love that! I will have to start something like that with my kids. We all could use some perseverance.