Sunday, October 19, 2008

will this baby ever come out?

six days past due and counting...

10 comments:

Andi said...

One word for you - induce! Ollie was late too, then I got induced. How miserable!

jen said...

it's nice and cozy in there! maybe it's waiting for the baseboards to be painted before it comes out. :)
good luck!

Molly said...

Two words for you- DON'T induce! I went almost 2 weeks over with Kennedy and I'll take that over my one week post date induction for Jesse anyday. Good luck!

jessie said...

I don't suppose there's any comfort in knowing that the baby can't stay in there forever? ;) I think he/she knows how many people are just dying to find out whether it's a boy or girl and is holding out for the dramatic entrance... (That's it - it has to be a girl! :)

Maybe try Meredith's idea of writing the baby a letter of invitation to the world? :)

Erin said...

ugh! I don't know what to do. i was induced with Sutton and would really like to avoid doing that again but my mom is here and I would really like this baby to come out. NOW! I have tried all the things that I can think of to bring on labor but to no avail!!

merathon said...

erin-- say it isn't so!

how about lots and lots of JUMPING JACKS?? :)

Stephanie Collins said...

I'm so sorry :( Hang in there!

The Kerr Family said...

I was sure when I checked your blog this morning after getting back late last night from our trip that there would be some exciting news. I can't believe you haven't delivered yet! This baby sure likes to build up the suspense.

Jessica said...

We will pray that your body decides to kick the baby out today. We will also pray that the baby chooses to be kind to you as he/she exits:) Love you. It will end. I promise.

Laura said...

I had a friend that started her own labor (her water even broke) by swinging a the playground. I tried it with Noah. My water didn't break due to my "hefty" bag of water and no labor either. VERY disappointing after the work that went into getting my butt to fit into the swing seat. You should try it though.

Good Luck!