Tuesday, January 22, 2008

snow





Last Thursday morning we woke up to SNOW! It was the tiniest bit of snow but school was canceled anyway.

After breakfast we went outside to play in the snow. Sadly, it was raining and the snow melted quickly. We spent maybe 10 minutes outside. I am pretty wimpy when it comes to being cold. and wet.

We changed and enjoyed hot cocoa and I whipped up some homemade bread. Yum!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what?! school was cancelled for a sprinkling of snow??? it's been snowing 1-4 times a week here, but they never cancel or close anything...i'm so jealous!!!

Stephanie Collins said...

Wow....snow! Fun..but brrr! I don't do well with being cold and wet either..I guess it's because we were raised in the desert, eh?

#A5 said...

this totally reminds me of my childhood. one inch of snow (that you could still see the ground through) and school was cancelled. we would try our best to go sledding but the snow melted off after the first run so we'd really just sled on dead grass. then we'd make our dirty snowmen. after the 30 minutes of fun we'd run inside for something warm. it was heaven.

Shelley said...

Is this the first snowfall? I love the first snowfall! I love homemade bread, too! We got your adorable Christmas card! Thanks for sending it. Ours never got sent out, and I'm considering sending president's day cards, but we are trying to be oh-so-frugile!