Actually, the van is great. It isn't my dream car and it doesn't have all the bells and whistles but we have loads of space and the kids love it. I really like being higher up off the ground and not having to bend down to buckle Sutton and my most favorite part is that Liam can get himself buckled (previously, Liam and Sutton's seats were right next to each other and he couldn't reach the buckle).
We weren't planning on getting a van until baby #3's arrival was imminent (it's not) but Michael's parents wanted to downsize so they proposed that we swap cars. Michael's '98 Civic for their '02 Sienna. We got the better end of the deal, I think! So now Michael is driving my Accord and enjoying my 6 disc CD player (the only part that I miss!)

7 comments:
Yes, I think a minivan makes it official. I love my minivan! I got mine and then it was less than a year before baby #3 became imminent, so....
you know once baby #3 arrives, the free babysitting becomes less frequent. then we're outnumbered. Although, your kids are so cute we probably won't be able to resist. We'll just let Cash be in charge of watching Liam...
wow. i'm jealous. really jealous.
anyone out there willing to trade their nice minivan for a '91 2-door honda accord?
Allison- welcome to the blog. I am glad you found us! And yes, we hope to follow that same time frame. Wish us luck! :)
Jen- what are you talking about? Just put Liam in charge of watching all the other kids. That's how I do it!
Katie- it is pretty great but could you imagine trying to park that thing in the city? it is a total boat!
Congrats bear! I know how long you've waited for the blessed minivan - I'm excited for you!
congratulations Erin! Your parents really come through for you in the car department. Way to go!
i fear we will be purchasing a minivan when baby #3 is on its way as well....good thing that won't be for another 3+ years!
Post a Comment