Monday, August 13, 2007

out west


Here are a few select pictures from our time out west. They aren't really in order and I am too lazy to fix that.

We had such a great time. Alison and Tyler's wedding and reception were perfect (and everyone loved the cake, whew!). I am certain that their faces were hurting at the end of the day- they just couldn't stop smiling!

































After the wedding, Michael, the kids, my parents, and my nephew Andrew and I spent two days in Zion National Park. We stayed in a sweet log cabin with the awesomest tub ever. I hadn't been to Zion for years (Michael had never been). It was fabulous! I had really forgotten the beauty (and the smells) of the west. My favorite hike was the Emerald Pools. The upper pool is amazing. It is a true desert oasis, I never wanted to leave. It is now one of my favorite places in the world! Liam enjoyed it too. He stripped down to his boxer briefs and was in the water the entire time we were there. I was a little jealous.

After Michael went home we played, relaxed and shopped and went to Hoover Dam. Oh, and had homemade ice cream nearly every night. What? Weight Watchers. Oh yeah, oops!

7 comments:

jen said...

cute pictures! you look so different with long straight hair. different, but still gorgeous. hope you and the boy are feeling better!

Stephanie Collins said...

Alison was so gorgeous! Sorry, you are my blogging friend too :) I haven't talked to you in so long, it wasn't a personal remark...I promise! I'm glad you had a wonderful time while back here, I'm sorry I'm such a slacker and didn't call. Your family is so cute...it's wonderful to see childhood friends with happy families and lives....it's starting to be rare!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look amazing!! Holy long straigh hair batman! Always so stylish too...

Erin said...

Wow, thanks guys. I like the hair too. It's just a little disconcerting- every time I passed a mirror I was a little shocked at the stranger I saw there.
Michael says he still likes my curls better. I am glad I can go either way, it's nice to have options.
Steph, don't feel like a slacker. The phone works both ways!

alysha said...

The cake is gorgeous, makes me want to get married again, just so you can make it!!

such talent Erin!

The Carlsons said...

Erin, that cake looks so awesome. you should be really proud of yourself. Watch out or you may be doing that a lot more. Did you straiten your own hair or had you been to a saloon? I looked so super fab on you but I bet it took a long time. Glad that you had so much fun. I leave Tuesday for CA.

Anonymous said...

honestly, erin- the cake!! the CAKE!! perfect!
hope you're all feeling better!