

I was lucky (or possibly unlucky?) enough to have the opportunity to make their wedding cake. I was so stressed about it as I had never done anything like that before. Lots of hours went into those cakes and the night before the wedding when I put the finishing touches on the cakes and left them in the fridge at the church, I was filled with a sense of accomplishment for completing a challenging task. I also felt a lot of relief! Fast forward to the reception. I get the cakes out of the fridge only to find that the fridge had leaked water all over the two largest layers. I almost cried! Luckily the fridge was on the coldest setting and the water had frozen so I was able to pry it off with minimal damage. I was really happy with how the cakes turned out and swore that I would never make another wedding cake. It is just too much work and stress.
Well, then my other sweet sister, Alie, announced that she too was getting married. July 14th is the special day. So I am making her cake too. Although, this time my mom will be baking the cakes since I won't be arriving until the 12th of July. It will be a new challenge in it's own way since she wants her layers stacked. The funny thing is that I am not dreading it like I thought I would, I am actually looking forward to it.



7 comments:
Those cakes are beautiful! Great job!
i finally get to see the cakes! and they're beautiful!!
wow, erin!
did you use fondant? if not, how did you get the frosting so perfectly smooth? i'm totally clueless. . .
you're totally the cake maker from here on-
my sister made my wedding cake and just did another for my brother, and she may have done a friend's recently too. . . once you do a good job you're hosed.
wow that's amazing. it looks magazine-worthy. nice job!
Make sure you post pictures of that cake too! The first one looks awesome!
where were you to make the cake for my wedding??? they look spectacular...so professional! and i can't believe Alie is getting married!!! wish her congrats from me!
I didn't know you were so talented. Those cakes looked great even with the mishap. I'm sure Alie & Tyler's will be fab! How lucky to have a sister like you!
your cake is beautiful!!! Gorgeous!! I wish I had you do mine two years ago.. I actually kind of did it myself, but not really, we bought some chocolate cheesecakes and I covered them in pink fondant, and we stacked them and wrapped brown satin ribbon around the base of each layer, simple but nice... you are amazing!
Post a Comment