



michael, erin, liam, sutton, ezra, gemma
Michael- Dad, 37 yrs old.
Erin- Mom, 35 yrs old.
Liam- boy, 11 yrs old, 5th grader, wants to be a lego designer
Sutton- girl, 7 yrs old, 2nd grader, loves reading, horses and being sedentary
Ezra- boy, 5 yrs old, in Transitional Kindergarten, likes legos and vegetables.
Gemma- girl, 3 years old, will climb anything and eat nothing.
4 comments:
ooo i love it can i please please please hire you guys to decorate my home when we buy? p.s. the floors are awesome- it adds a lot of personality to the house and makes it SO WOODWARD-ish.
Any suggestions on where you have found your design ideas? tell us more about that.
also love all the colors chosen for each room. did you choose them all at once or a room at a time?
Liz,
Thanks for your compliments. We are so happy here in this house. It is really starting to feel like ours.
We find inspiration in magazines (dwell, blueprint and domino are two of my most favorites) and catalogs (crate and barrel) and also others homes. We have a limited budget so we have to be creative. The sideboard in the dining room is actually a dresser that I got on craigslist for $20 it is was the size and shape I wanted for that spot so it works out and provides great storage. I also have made all the pillows in our house and I will be making curtains soon.
Flea markets are also great for unique little things, but we haven't had as much luck here with flea markets as we did in NYC.
As for the paint colors we have (for the most part) selected colors as we go but with much consideration so the house still flows from room to room. Don't be afraid of color! It is so much more original and shows more personality than one single color through out. I personally love colors that are a little earthier and soothing not too vibrant.
hmmm... That is all my 'expertise' on the subject.
So good catching up with you yesterday, your house is beautiful!! Seeing some familiar things, makes me miss you guys... aw.. I forgot to mention that Sutton is ADORABLE! Liam too, of course, he's so grown up.
Your house is beautiful! I love all the character in it. Hope you guys are doing well...Sutton and Liam are adorable!
Post a Comment