Liam loves to be a helper, especially in the kitchen. So Wednesday afternoon we were trying out a new recipe (chocolate pumpkin cheesecake bars- not as good as they sound unfortunately). I measured the ingredients and Liam would then pour them into the mixer. Once we were finished and the bars were in the oven, I turned around and started giving attention to Sutton who was sitting patiently in her swing. Liam asked me to get him down off the counter. I told him to hold on for a second since I wanted to give Sutton one more kiss. Well, Liam didn't want to wait and decided to jump off the counter, unfortunately he pretty much did a belly flop. I don't know where his hands were but his face ended up breaking his fall. There was a lot of blood which scared me, but scared Liam more. The picture shows his fat lip (after 45 minutes with an ice pack) and luckily spares you the sight of his black, swollen gums.

He is still very swollen but doing much better now. I am still worried that he may loose his front teeth. After he had calmed down I asked him why he had jumped off the counter. His reply? "I wanted to see baby Sutton". Now that's love.
My favorite part of the story though, is his t-shirt. It reads: 'it seemed like a good idea at the time'. So fitting it's scary!
1 comment:
aw! scary.
Post a Comment