After 8.5 years we are leaving North Carolina. Michael and I have discussed moving for years. The time finally felt right and so we listed our house on Friday, May 31st (after several busy weeks of finishing unfinished projects around the house and yard). After three showings, we received a full-price offer on Monday, June 3rd! We were hoping that the house would sell quickly but had not expected it to be that fast!
Michael is transferring to LendingTree.com's San Francisco office. We will be living in East Bay, though we have yet to find a rental house.
We are so excited for this next chapter in our lives. We look forward to all the wonderful sights and many opportunities San Francisco has to offer. We are also happy about being closer to my family (about a 9 hour drive). I am most looking forward to an arid climate and no mosquitos! :)
The hardest part of moving is, of course, leaving our family and friends. Thankfully, it is easier than ever to keep in touch with email, facebook, blogs, instagram, facetime.
We have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this house. We have lived and grown so much within these walls. We started here as a family of three and now we total six! As much as we are ready to go, it will be hard to leave this house. Thankfully we can take our memories with us!
I want our kids to remember our home in North Carolina so I am posting some of the listing pictures. I only wish that it had always been this clean and organized!



4 comments:
Glad we got to visit you before you moved!! Enjoy the west coast. You're moving to where Josh grew up:)
Houses always look best when we're selling them to someone else. :) I'm going to MISS you!!
i always loved your house! the question now is, will you be stopping in denver on your way to SF??? pretty please?
Such exciting news! I was wondering if you were going to be moving soon. I, too, feel sad when we move because of the many memories made in a home, but like you said, good thing they come with you! :) Can't wait to read about your new adventures in your new home.
Post a Comment