Gemma turned two this week. It's hard to believe that our baby, our last baby, is two years old. It's exciting to watch her grow but a little heartbreaking at the same time.
Gemma is such a sweet little girl. She is almost always happy and smiling. She is frequently giving us hugs and kisses. Gemma's vocabulary is very small. She says; Mommy, Daddy, moon, uh-huh... that's it. I am not worried about her, I know she will catch up. She may not say many words but this girl LOVES to sing. I often hear her singing "Ring Around the Rosies" (she has the tune and the intonations for the "ashes, ashes we all fall down" part down pat). When she isn't singing "Ring Around the Rosies" she just makes up her own tune. It is beyond precious! Her other favorite songs include; Popcorn Popping, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Pat-a-Cake and a few songs that I made up and/or modified to be about her.
Gemma adores her siblings. She and Ezra have a special bond. She lights up when she sees him and loves to give him hugs and kisses. She is always concerned when we drop Ezra off at preschool. She points to his seat and says "tssst, tsst, tsssst!" which I interpret as "where is Ezzie?!?" This is something she doesn't do when we drop off Liam and Sutton.
Gemma is also our snuggliest baby (Ezra previously held this record). Every morning she comes down stairs and climbs in bed with Michael and me. She lays right down next to me (sometimes right on top of me) and stays there babbling at me or singing to me. It is really the best way to start a day!
Gemma is SUPER scared of the car wash. I know it's mean but I think it's kind of funny! Gemma is a total pain to take shopping. She is always trying to climb out of the cart. She is the worst at check out though. She screams until I give her my wallet. She loves to swipe the card and press the buttons. We are SO in trouble with this one!
I have not been very good about taking pictures with my camera the last few months but I have taken a lot of pictures with my phone. Here is a video of Gemma blowing out her candles. She did great for a two year old. I am guessing it was all the practice she's had recently. Gemma helped me blow out my candles on the 6th and Michael blow out his candles on the 18th.
We love you Gemma Bean!
gemma's 2nd birthday from Erin Woodward on Vimeo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEMMA BEAN! We love you!!!
What lovely photos you have. I enjoyed seeing them. :)
She is so darling! I'm sad to hear that she's your last baby (but I totally get it at the same time) and that she's already 2! Time sure flies. My oldest was a wee bit (ok completely terrified) of the car wash at this age, and maybe I had a tendency to get the car washed a whole lot more because it also made me laugh something fierce! Good times. Happy 2nd Birthday Gemma!!
She is the cutest!!
Post a Comment