Monday, June 04, 2012

riverbanks zoo, columbia, sc


We finally took the kids to the zoo in Columbia, SC, something we have been meaning to do for a long time.


The bears were wrestling lie little puppies.


The wallabys could have been statues. They didn't move at all!


This picture of Gemma makes me smile. She's looking at Michael like, "Oh, Dad. You're so silly".


The elephants were fun but where pretty far away.


This tortoise was enormous!


And was very friendly.


This reptile was attacking the glass trying to get us. I was glad the glass was there!


Sweet Sutts.


I love giraffes! Such pretty animals.


We call this Gemma's "turtle face"!


Feeding the goat.


Gemma LOVES animals and loved seeing them but she did not want to touch them.


Gemma as a zoo animal.


I want a dutch door so bad!


Sutton was super pleased to ride on a pony even though her face says otherwise.


Ezra was pretty stoked too.


The monkeys were so fun to watch. They were really putting on a show for us. Swinging in the trees and spinning on the ropes.



Seconds after I snapped this picture the monkey relieved himself into the water. The kids thought it was hilarious and many times since they have said to me, "Mom, I know why the monkeys water is so green. Because he poops and pees in it!!"


I love her sweet little face.


Gemma and her daddy. She laughing at the monkeys.


A cute (and probably not very cuddly) koala.


These birds were so colorful and very friendly. They were landing on people left and right.




The carousel was everyones favorite.



Flamingos! These guys were more orange than I expected.


A Gemma-sized Dino.


Look at those cute kids! I'm the luckiest mom!

5 comments:

jen said...

You are a lucky mom, your kids are awesome! Looks like a fun day. I haven't been to the Columbia Zoo in decades - it looks great! So the birds were just open air, huh? At the Prague Zoo it was the same, but also included a cave you walked through with BATS. I didn't like that one bit. :)

Andi Rawlins said...

What a fun zoo! I love your pics.

Molly said...

I've always thought that Sutton looks a lot like you, but I really see Michael in her now! Great pictures!

Molly said...

Looks like fun! That cute little toddler can't be Gemma!? She's grown so much!

Stephanie said...

Your kids are adorable! Great pictures.