Friday, April 27, 2012

vegas vaction, part one

We had a fantastic time on our two vacation to Las Vegas. No school, no homework, no callings, almost no work (Michael worked remotely part of the time), no soccer games or practices. Our days were filled with family, friends, parks, dining out, day trips. I was so relaxed and happy that Michael asked me if he needed to move me to Vegas so I could always be so happy. A very sweet offer but it wasn't Vegas or even being near my family, it was the lack of the daily grind and all the demands on our time. Unfortunately life without all those demands is not realistic. I wish I could always feel so carefree!

We took almost one thousand pictures. I have narrowed it to just over one hundred to share. That's still a lot of pictures so I am going to break them up into separate posts to avoid an overload. You're welcome.

This is my parents house. They have lived here for twenty years. Boy, time flies!


I have a lot of memories on that front porch...


I love the backyard. The kids had a great time playing back there. And the back yard is completely enclosed so it's impossible for the kids to escape-- I wish my yard was like that!


I love these pretty yellow flowers- so cheery. My mom calls them her "happy flowers".


My Dad is a Landscape Architect and naturally designed the front and back yard. It's beautiful!


The glider and chairs belonged to my great-grandmother. I love them!


We made s'mores in the little fire pit one night, so fun!


Mom and Dad have been really busy lately and the yard had gotten a little overgrown. Michael, the kids and I spent about four hours one morning cleaning it up. It was so fun to do yard work and see a difference unlike our yard which I not-so-loving call the "Land of Desolation". :)

part two coming soon!

2 comments:

jen said...

that backyard is really lovely. i want to get ours into shape one of these days when we can stop spending money on the actual house!

as for escaping the daily grind...i suppose you could always play the lottery. :)

The Biggs said...

Your parents yard is beautiful - their hard work over the years definitely shows!

Oh how I would have LOVED to have seen your family when you were so close - just a quick 6-hour drive! I love being able to let go a little on vacations and just have fun! Makes me miss the days when there wasn't so much responsibility!