Thursday, October 27, 2011

ezra's three!

Last Saturday Ezra turned three.  This is where I say the usual mom things, "I can't believe my baby is three!" "Where did the time go?". I know it's cliche but seriously, where DID the time go? Before I know it he will be back from serving a mission and wanting to marry some girl I can't stand. Kidding, my boys would never choose a wife I didn't approve of, right? Anyway... back to Ezra and his birthday!


We started the day off with a big breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and orange juice. 

Ezra was pretty stoked about using the "Celebrate Plate". (We received this as a wedding present. I thought it was kinda lame but the kids LOVE it so I guess it turned out to be a good gift after all!)

don't you love the freaky glowing ears?

Then we drove an hour north to Statesville, NC for the Hot Air Balloon Festival.





Liam played this game for, like, 30 minutes at least!



Where's Ezra wasn't this post supposed to be about him? Ah, here he is playing with Gemma. She totally adores him. Even if he does occasionally try to drag her around by the neck. Ez spent most of the time playing in the various bounce houses. That is why there are so few pictures of him.


Michael posted a picture of this earlier.

Going, Going, GONE!


We went to the festival at the wrong time of the day. We missed all the hot air balloons coming in early in the morning and we left before they all took off for the night (Sutton had a friends birthday party that she really wanted to go to). Luckily we did get to see two hot air balloons. We were going to pay for a tethered ride but the line was so  L O N G  that we just didn't have time. Maybe next year. We did have a good time watching the kids play and enjoyed being outside in the GORGEOUS fall weather.








Ezra showing us how old he is now.



His current favorite movie, Megamind.


Excited about his presents. He also got a new Star Wars shirt ("Tar Wars Kirt") and a magnetic robot building set- like paper dolls but robots.


Happy birthday Ez. We're so glad you're ours!!


3 comments:

merathon said...

i had that same shock this summer when emery turned three, although i love the increased independence!

we got that EXACT same blue plate as a wedding gift but i never think to bust it out! and who knew there was a balloon festival in statesville? never once heard about it in the four years we lived out there! looks cool!

jen said...

love the last picture of Ez. He's getting so big!
If I had received the plate for a wedding gift, it would have gone right into the goodwill pile. my kids are never going to have anything fun. ha ha.
the balloon festival looks awesome!

Unknown said...

Happy happy birthday, Ez! Love from me & Vaughn.