Tuesday, February 03, 2009

reason why i hate not having a garage #1,052

There was no frost on the ground this morning but somehow it was still cold enough that the sliding doors on the van were frozen shut. I had to climb in the back and basically body slam and karate kick the doors until they opened. Now, starting the van before we had to leave and letting it warm up might fix this problem but that would require me to be on top of it all. I never seem to be on top of it even if I set clothes out, make Liam's lunch, pack his backpack all the night before. I still seem to run behind schedule. On this particular morning, we were very late and by the time we got the van doors opened and everyone buckled (another painful process) it was 8:15 am- the time school starts.

I also did not win the Bemz contest. I cleaned up for my week but the contest is one month long. One of the earlier contestants had almost 300 votes. I don't think I even know 300 people so I really had no chance. Thanks for all 72 of you who voted for me- you guys are awesome! Stay tuned for the new couch cover we bought and the pillow I am making to cheer me up for not winning two new pillow covers. Mine will be way cooler anyway!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Lame! I totally think you should've won. Seriously. And as for frozen doors... um. Maybe we could build you a shed? (That's classy!)

jen said...

Guess what, I have a garage and somehow still cannot park in it (thanks husband's tools!), so my doors were also frozen shut this morning. Which I didn't notice until it was time (RIGHT NOW) to leave for work. What's with no frost on the ground??
I'm sure your pillows will be cooler than something you could get online. You're so crafty and creative.

merathon said...

i have no doubt yours will be WAY cooler! then you'll have to send them a picture and say, "face!"

i am SOOOOOOO glad to hear i am not the only one who is not on top of things in the morning. kendall has been tardy more mornings than i care to admit and patrick just doesn't understand how i could keep letting it happen-- and i don't even have the "no garage" excuse to blame it on!

Shelley said...

Oh boy do I ever relate on hating not having a garage. We live on the shady side of the street and our walkway/sidewalk out to our car has been covered in about four inches of ice for the last week and a half. Trying to get my three kids (one of which is a brand new baby I'm carrying) out to the car without breaking all of our necks has been a scary daily chore. My neighbor, a full grown woman, fell flat on her face and looks like a battered woman. Isn't winter fun???