several years ago, when we first moved to brooklyn, some friends had us over for dinner and served homemade pasta. neither michael or i had ever had fresh pasta before. it was delicious. a year or two (or more) ago michael bought me a pasta maker. last night i FINALLY used it for the first time.

liam worked the crank and loved it.

we made fettuccine alfredo. please pardon the sauce on the rim of my dish. i was hungry and therefore too lazy to take the time to wipe it off.

the kids loved the pasta. liam even said "mom, can you make this tomorrow night too?"
9 comments:
looks yummy! when are you making ME some?
someone brought us homemade spinach linguini a couple weeks ago and the girls could not get over the GREEN noodles, so that's what you should try next!
I've always wanted to try making homemade pasta. Is it hard? Looks fun!
Awesome! Now I need to try that out on my Liam!
How long did it take to make? That looks soooo good.
I am seriously impressed! The pasta maker looks like it means business, too.. what a great gift! I'm sure you'll now be taking orders for fresh pasta, right? :)
Whenever I see a pasta maker I think of the yard sale that Chris and I had when we lived in Provo when I sold mine. I look back now and think of how cool it would be to have one.
Where did you find your recipe? It looks really yummy and my boys love pasta.
the pasta was easy to make. I can't remember how long it took. after you mix the dough it needs to sit for 30 minutes. and then you roll it through the machine. that took maybe 30 minutes? a little time consuming the first time but I assume that it will be easier next time since I will know what I am doing.
Just make sure you have somewhere to hang your pasta. You roll it out in batches and the strands get crazy long. we ended up using our collapsible rack that we put 'hang dry only' clothes on. it worked perfectly.
next i want to try using whole wheat. i am hoping it will taste better than store-bought whole wheat pasta. I think that stuff tastes like cardboard! And I would love to try a spinach pasta like you suggested Meredith, but I am afraid that my kids would have the opposite reaction that yours did!
Audrey, i bought a pasta book on clearance at barnes and noble or borders for $4.
That looks soooooo yummy! I'm getting sick of Pastaroni, lol. And that is an adorable shot of Sutton. She's getting so big!
delicious!! (and i'm jealous- i can't cram anything else into my kitchen, but if i could . . .)
i'm getting so excited about this baby of yours!!
Post a Comment