He stayed at the corporate apartment in Manhattan. It was across the street from the Empire State Building and it was really nice. He and his three co-workers went out to eat at lots of nice restaurants. It was all expensed to the company so of course they went all out ordering lots of expensive food they had never tried before. Once the conference was over on Friday be headed to Brooklyn and spent the weekend with Gran and visiting friends.
The kids and I video chatted with Michael a few times. That was fun. Liam said that it made him sad though. I guess seeing his Dad made him miss him more.
Michael got home late Sunday evening. I was a little concerned about flying solo all week. Especially being so pregnant- I am always so dang tired! It was amazing though. The kids were so good and I had loads of energy and patience. It must have been all the praying I was doing!
Monday everything was back to "normal". I was really tired and had a bad headache. Michael worked a little later than usual so I decided to not hold dinner for him. While I was attempting making dinner everything fell apart. I nearly caught myself on fire with the grill (seriously all the hair on my right arm was singed!), Sutton fell off the couch and wouldn't stop crying, once I finally got the chicken cooked on the grill I brought it back in the house and while doing so, I tripped on a toy nearly fell on my butt and the food went flying! It seems funny to me now but at the time it was so not funny.

3 comments:
How fun for Michael to go back, and what a bummer for you that you couldn't go! If only it had been a month earlier!
I've totally had days like that. Once Liam watched as I threw a 2-yr old tantrum and threw the vacuum on the floor. Oops. Sorry it was so rough. Good luck with the baby!
I'm sorry Monday had to happen after such a good week! Just three weeks to go seems so quick! I can't wait to see just how cute your new baby is going to be!! (And what gender he/she is going to be! ;)
Ok, I"m trying to catch up on your blog and had to comment on this story. Last spring Chris took a day trip to NYC to sell a job. I was totally bummed that I didn't get to go....
You would think being this close we would make it more often. I really miss being there.
Post a Comment