Monday, February 19, 2007

picky no more

When Liam was a baby I made homemade baby food. He would eat anything I made for him. As he got older and started eating what Michael and I would eat for dinner each night he continued to be a great eater. He would even eat spicy foods! If it got to hot for him he would pant like a dog, make scraping motions on his tongue, take a drink and then immediately eat more spicy food.

Unfortunately, in the last couple of years he has become quite picky. He is not a huge fan of meat, chicken is usually well received but that is about it. He also won't touch anything sauce-like especially mayonnaise. Sometimes I feel like he exists solely on pb&j.

We may have turned a corner recently when I purchased this book on a whim. I got it at our local library book sale for a quarter! Liam requests it ever night for a bedtime story.

Last week I made a stir-fry with lots of yummy veggies including mushrooms and scallions. Liam ate all of it and proclaimed that it "is mine favorite!". He has also recently eaten cauliflower, broccoli and rice.










Thank you Christine M. Schneider! I hope it lasts...

1 comment:

liz said...

excuse me while i go and eat another pickle today.

so cute- good idea for book purchasing source!